I find when people talk about motherhood, children and parenting in general often the reality is blurred. So these are my top six honest confessions of motherhood…..
- I very often eat quickly and in secret. While Mop Top is pre-occupied I speed into the kitchen, go to the goody cupboard and stuff a piece of chocolate or a biscuit in my mouth. Chew as fast as I can as I return to the lounge where she hasn’t even noticed my disappearance.
- I don’t shower every day….Yes iv said it now, its out there. Some days either I just don’t get time, or I am just too tired and id rather 10 minutes more in bed!
- I have told Mop Top a toy is broken just so I don’t have to hear the annoying music it plays for the 100th time that day.
- Some early mornings (like 5am) I pretend I cant hear Mop Top stirring until I know Mr DC is about to go see to her. (I know he does the same!)
- I often leave the house with the smell of sick, poo and wee covered up with multiple sprays of perfume.
- Sometimes I just give in for an easy life. Give in to the request of chocolate for a little bit of peace.
I’m sure there are plenty of other points I could confess about here, but I really don’t want you to completely judge me as a mother.
Anyway must dash, have a spare few seconds to secretly eat something yummy